But some good will also come out of that rivalry this weekend thanks to the Timbers and their fans. As was the case at Seattle’s home game last week, Red Cross volunteers will be on hand at Providence Park to collect donations for disaster relief in Oso.
This isn’t the beginning of a kinder, gentler Timbers-Sounders rivalry, but a nice reminder that even the most passionate fans can see beyond the game and do some good in the real world, even if that real world is in the backyard of their biggest rivals.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks injury update: LB Bruce Irvin out for Sunday Nov. 18
- Seahawks waive Super Bowl standout Chris Matthews Nov. 17
- M's acquire CF Leonys Martin for RP Tom Wilhelmsen Nov. 16
- Seahawks claim DT A.J. Francis, release DT David King Nov. 16
- Highlights from Seahawks coach Pete Carroll's radio show Nov. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.