CT Darrington bus to stop at Sauk-Suiattle
There will be four trips each weekday, each direction. For specific schedule information, visit www.communitytransit.org/darrington.
The stop was requested by the Sauk-Suiattle Tribe after Community Transit added the bus to Darrington following the March 22 Oso landslide, which blocked Highway 530.
The bus will continue to serve the reservation as long as the emergency route operates, Community Transit spokesman Martin Munguia said.
Community Transit staff plan to attend a community meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday in Darrington to answer questions about emergency bus service and available vanpool options.
Community Transit will provide a seven-to-15 passenger van to groups who are traveling to the same or approximate destinations so they can share the ride and the cost. The group must provide a driver, or share the driving duties among its participants.
For details contact Community Transit at www.communitytransit.org/vanpool or call 888-814-1300.
- Nothing could keep Riley Brunner, then 16, from his dadís side 3/16/15
- As the Oso mudslideís one-year mark approaches, emotions run high 3/16/15
- Was Oso mudslide nature's mystery or man's mistake? 3/15/15
- After a year in the mudslide zone, Elaine Young finds peace in acts of kindness 3/15/15
- During Oso mudslide chaos and despair, Travis Hots was a trusted voice 3/15/15
- Wildfire resources may cover mudslides and other disasters 3/15/15
- Oso mudslide survivor Amanda Skorjanc pushes through the pain 3/13/15
- Rafting company holds off on trips past Oso mudslide 3/13/15
- $7 million spent in Oso relief; some critical of process 3/11/15
- Permanent cables link Arlington, Darrington once again 3/10/15
- Early post-mudslide video shows a wet, sloughing scarp 3/8/15
- Scientists have much more digging to do at Oso mudslide 3/8/15
- Progress being made on mudslide commission's key recommendations 3/6/15
- Oso, surrounding communities to receive state Medal of Valor 3/2/15
- Progress that honors victims 3/1/15
- Landslide Forum aims to bridge knowledge gap 2/28/15
- Senate passes bill for expanded mapping of hazardous areas 2/27/15
- Bicycle ride alters course to raise funds for slide victims 2/25/15
- Mudslide communities to be awarded state Medal of Valor 2/19/15
- Deadline extended for people to donate to mudslide relief effort 2/17/15
Most recent Street Smarts posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.