CT Darrington bus to stop at Sauk-Suiattle
There will be four trips each weekday, each direction. For specific schedule information, visit www.communitytransit.org/darrington.
The stop was requested by the Sauk-Suiattle Tribe after Community Transit added the bus to Darrington following the March 22 Oso landslide, which blocked Highway 530.
The bus will continue to serve the reservation as long as the emergency route operates, Community Transit spokesman Martin Munguia said.
Community Transit staff plan to attend a community meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday in Darrington to answer questions about emergency bus service and available vanpool options.
Community Transit will provide a seven-to-15 passenger van to groups who are traveling to the same or approximate destinations so they can share the ride and the cost. The group must provide a driver, or share the driving duties among its participants.
For details contact Community Transit at www.communitytransit.org/vanpool or call 888-814-1300.
- Oso, surrounding communities to receive state Medal of Valor 3/2/15
- Progress that honors victims 3/1/15
- Landslide Forum aims to bridge knowledge gap 2/28/15
- Senate passes bill for expanded mapping of hazardous areas 2/27/15
- Bicycle ride alters course to raise funds for slide victims 2/25/15
- Mudslide communities to be awarded state Medal of Valor 2/19/15
- Deadline extended for people to donate to mudslide relief effort 2/17/15
- Project Linus volunteers create blankets for children in crisis 2/13/15
- State adopts new logging rule for landslide-prone areas 2/11/15
- Oso mudslide property temporarily goes up for sale 2/11/15
- Governor honors naval team for response to Oso mudslide 2/11/15
- Medal of Valor could go to cities affected by mudslide 1/31/15
- Team effort will send mom whose son died in mudslide to Super Bowl 1/29/15
- Lawsuit claims Oso mudslide was ‘man-made’ 1/28/15
- Reverend's Oso song came straight from the heart 1/24/15
- Apply the lessons learned from Oso slide 1/21/15
- Lawmakers push for wider scope in disaster mobilization 1/20/15
- Near-record rainfall gave Oso mudslide its destructive force, USGS finds 1/13/15
- Red Cross distributes more than 1,000 free smoke alarms 12/31/14
- $5.25M targeted for children’s recreation in Stilly Valley 12/26/14
Most recent Street Smarts posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.