There will be four trips each weekday, each direction. For specific schedule information, visit www.communitytransit.org/darrington.
The stop was requested by the Sauk-Suiattle Tribe after Community Transit added the bus to Darrington following the March 22 Oso landslide, which blocked Highway 530.
The bus will continue to serve the reservation as long as the emergency route operates, Community Transit spokesman Martin Munguia said.
Community Transit staff plan to attend a community meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday in Darrington to answer questions about emergency bus service and available vanpool options.
Community Transit will provide a seven-to-15 passenger van to groups who are traveling to the same or approximate destinations so they can share the ride and the cost. The group must provide a driver, or share the driving duties among its participants.
For details contact Community Transit at www.communitytransit.org/vanpool or call 888-814-1300.
- Victims of Oso mudslide still await buyouts, 16 months later 8/3/15
- Oso survivors pay forward support they once received 7/13/15
- Couple shared tragedy, loss of Oso, but found love 7/5/15
- Oso mudslide trial pushed to June 2016 7/2/15
- Study: Real cause of Oso mudslide still unknown 6/27/15
- $6.6 million from feds to buy properties destroyed by Oso slide 6/24/15
- Guide cancels controversial raft tour because of lower water levels 6/22/15
- Landslides take a toll on state’s economy 6/21/15
- In Darrington, a slide reunion means laughter, tears 6/20/15
- County Council likely to extend the slide-zone building moratorium 6/18/15
- Oso mudslide volunteers and responders rekindle friendships at reunion 6/17/15
- Retired first responders will speak with those affected by Oso 6/10/15
- Families of Oso slide victims plan to sue slide tour company 6/9/15
- Is county responsible for Oso? Judge begins sorting through claims 6/4/15
- Oso General Store in danger of closing 5/20/15
- Exhibit shows vivid images of Oso before and after slide 5/13/15
- Delayed disaster response in Oso prompts new law 5/8/15
- Darrington mayor receives national award for leadership 4/30/15
- New technology can help reduce risks from landslides 4/26/15
- Anonymous gift pays off Oso mudslide survivor's mortgage 4/22/15
Most recent Street Smarts posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.