CT Darrington bus to stop at Sauk-Suiattle
There will be four trips each weekday, each direction. For specific schedule information, visit www.communitytransit.org/darrington.
The stop was requested by the Sauk-Suiattle Tribe after Community Transit added the bus to Darrington following the March 22 Oso landslide, which blocked Highway 530.
The bus will continue to serve the reservation as long as the emergency route operates, Community Transit spokesman Martin Munguia said.
Community Transit staff plan to attend a community meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday in Darrington to answer questions about emergency bus service and available vanpool options.
Community Transit will provide a seven-to-15 passenger van to groups who are traveling to the same or approximate destinations so they can share the ride and the cost. The group must provide a driver, or share the driving duties among its participants.
For details contact Community Transit at www.communitytransit.org/vanpool or call 888-814-1300.
- Lawsuit claims Oso mudslide was ‘man-made’ 1/28/15
- Reverend's Oso song came straight from the heart 1/24/15
- Apply the lessons learned from Oso slide 1/21/15
- Lawmakers push for wider scope in disaster mobilization 1/20/15
- Near-record rainfall gave Oso mudslide its destructive force, USGS finds 1/13/15
- Red Cross distributes more than 1,000 free smoke alarms 12/31/14
- $5.25M targeted for children’s recreation in Stilly Valley 12/26/14
- Whitehorse Trail rebuild project delayed 12/25/14
- Millions spent after Oso mudslide, but generosity can't be measured 12/21/14
- Report points to critical fixes 12/18/14
- Mudslide report offers ideas to be ready for next disaster 12/15/14
- Study of timber harvest near Oso mudslide inconclusive 12/9/14
- State budget should include funding for Stilly Valley Youth Project 12/5/14
- County expects costly legal battles over Oso mudslide 12/4/14
- Panel investigating Oso lessons needs more time 12/3/14
- Panel to hold last meeting on safety recommendations after Oso mudslide 12/1/14
- Better response to disasters needed, panel on Oso told 11/21/14
- 'Nova' episode examines causes of Oso mudslide 11/18/14
- Mudslide panel to update Legislature on findings 11/17/14
- Logging rules timely and just 11/16/14
Most recent Street Smarts posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.