Westin marketing director Matt Boland says Nelson's crew called in the middle of the night from the road, asking the resort to scour surveillance footage after the mascot went missing.
Boland says he was outside the hotel Tuesday morning when an apologetic man drove up and handed him a box and instructions to return it to Nelson.
Boland says the armadillo was inside and was sent to the singer in California.
Most recent Off the Wire posts
- Pastafarian gets to wear strainer on head in license photo Nov. 13
- How do you smuggle Heineken into Saudi Arabia? Nov. 12
- Human poop could yield up to $9.5 billion Nov. 3
- Australia dumps titles knights and dames from honors awards Nov. 1
- Creepy Halloween doll in I-5 carpool lane doesn’t fool officer Oct. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.