Obama declares major disaster in Oso
The declaration makes programs available to help individuals and businesses affected by the March 22 slide that killed more than two dozen people.
Washington Gov. Jay Inslee said Wednesday that the declaration also provides help for debris removal and emergency measures such as barricades, sand bags and safety personnel.
In asking for more federal assistance, Inslee said in his request Monday that about 30 families need help with housing and other needs.
Inslee has said estimated financial losses have reached $10 million.
- Landslide-mapping bill approved and sent to governor 4/8/15
- Mortgages still on the books for homes wiped out by Oso disaster 4/3/15
- WSU students travel to help Stilly Valley communities 4/2/15
- To be human and journalist 3/29/15
- Disaster response bill likely to pass 3/24/15
- Messages of love lift up from Oso 3/23/15
- ‘Oso strong’ spirit a great example for all 3/22/15
- United Way, Red Cross continue work to aid recovery 3/22/15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.