Hus signed with St. Louis as an undrafted rookie last year, but was released before the start of the season. According to the Leader-Post, Ryan and Hus are friends and work out in the offseason together, which likely had to do with the Seahawks noticing Hus.
Hus will have to beat out Clint Gresham to stick around in Seattle. Gresham signed a two-year deal with the Seahawks prior to last season, and is due $750,000 in 2014. While not a minimum-salary deal, Gresham's contract is hardly big enough to put him at risk of the Seahawks making a cost-cutting decision, so for Hus to earn a job, he'd have to legitimately beat out Gresham for the job.
Oh, and Hus has a long-snapping trick shot video, because, well, why not?
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.