- Back Country Horsemen of Washington: The Traildusters chapter meets at 7 p.m. the first Wednesday every month at the Eagles Club, 1218 Broadway, Everett. Membership information and activities at http://traildusters.org.
- BIKES rides: Various starting locations; Membership and ride info at www.bikesclub.org.
- Everett Parks and Recreation: Classes and tours on hiking, walking, camping, boating, sports. Information at www.ci.everett.wa.us/ in the Fall Guide. Contact Recreation Office at Forest Park, 425-257-8300, ext. 2.
- Everett Mountaineers: Meetings at 7 p.m. first Wednesday of the month, Snohomish County East Administration Building, 3000 Rockefeller Ave., Everett. www.everettmountaineers.org.
- Marysville Rifle Club: Public recreational shooting and pistol range open to nonclub members 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thursdays (except holidays). Day use fees: $10 for adults, $8 for military, law enforcement or veterans, and $5 for junior shooters with an adult. The club is at 1601 Lakewood Road, Arlington. Call 360-652-0784 Thursdays between 10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. or see www.marysvillerifleclub.org.
- Over-the-Hill-Hikers: Various times on Thursdays, Edmonds Senior Center, 220 Railroad Ave.; www.scscedmonds.org. Most trips cost $13 for senior center members and $16 for nonmembers. Call Larry Weimer, 425-513-9374, before signing up for the trip. For all hikes meet and park at United Methodist Church, 828 Caspers St., Edmonds. Each hike is limited to 10 people.
- Pilchuck Audubon Society: Tuesday birding trips, some weekends. More information at www.pilchuckaudubon.org.
- REI Alderwood: Classes include rock climbing for kids and adults, snowshoeing, skiing, snowboarding, avalanche and survival, bicycle maintenance and photography. Information at www.rei.com/stores/35; at Alderwood Mall, 3000 184th St SW, Lynnwood; 425-640-6200.
- Sierra Club, Snohomish Group: Event locations vary; 425-737-0350; www.cascade.sierraclub.org/directory/groups/snohomish.
- Snohomish County Beach Watchers: Provides classroom-trained volunteers with community education, outreach and stewardship opportunities in area beaches. Sponsored by WSU Extension programs. Contact www.beachwatchers.wsu.edu/snohomish or call 425-357-6020.
- Sound Steppers Volkssport Club: 425-397-7301; www.soundsteppers.org. Meets 6:15 p.m. second Thursdays, Crossroad Church, 18527 60th Ave. W., Lynnwood. See walkers-574, www.meetup.com/walkers-574 for details and a future walk schedule.
Story tags » • Outdoors
More Life Headlines
Strategies for staying on that New Year pony A glorious and proper date night in Bellingham Get it while it's cold: Kayak Alaska's glaciers Keys to a successful new year workout Don’t let disease be one of your travel memories Desire to deny health problems robs us of the support we need Guys shamed by their own breasts Fellowship of the Friendly Runners
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend