Alderwood Water Board to appoint new commissioner Monday
The four current board members plan to appoint the new member from among eight applicants whom they interviewed at their March 24 and March 31 meetings — four at each meeting.
The board will choose from among these applicants: Jack Broyles Jr., who lost in the 2013 election to Commissioner Paul (Mac) McIntyre; Former Lynnwood City Councilman E.J. dos Remedios, who lost in 2011 to now-Councilman Benjamin Goodwin; Robert Larsen; Dean Lotz; Mark Mahnkey, who lost to George in 2013; former Commissioner Lance Norton, who lost a comeback attempt in the 2011 primary; David Phippen; and John Sullivan
The board meets in the District Board Room at the district headquarters, 3626 156th St. S.W., Lynnwood at 5 p.m. Monday.
George resigned less than three months into his third six-year term on the board.
The person selected will serve through November 2015, when an election will fill the last four years of the term.
The four remaining commissioners have until May 2 to fill the vacancy. If no applicant gets votes from at least three of the four, the five-member Snohomish County Council will have 90 days to fill the vacancy.
The District includes Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Brier, and parts of Bothell, Edmonds, Mill Creek and Mukilteo.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- 'Guardian of the Republic' author to speak at Republican dinner Friday March 25
- Retired Qwest executive plans run for Edmonds City Council March 24
- Larsen touts virtues of Affordable Care Act on fifth anniversary March 24
- McAuliffe expects 'significant investment' in basic education March 23
- Chase bill on utility district voting moves from State Senate to House March 19
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.