Machinists, Boeing chip in for Oso slide
The crew that operates the overhead crane at the airplane maker’s Paine Field plant raised about $4,000 for general relief efforts.
One of the facility’s flightline crews raised more than $6,000 to help the family of a 5-month-old Duke Suddarth, who, along with his mother, was badly injured in the slide. Suddarth’s grandfather is a Machinist who works at Boeing, according to Wilson Ferguson, a local union official.
The March 22 slide has killed at least 36 people, with eight names still on the missing list.
The the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) District Lodge 751, which represents about 32,000 Machinists at Boeing, contributed $10,000 to various relief efforts for the slide.
The Boeing Co. contributed $75,000 and up to $25,000 in employee matching contributions to help people affected by the slide.
Dan Catchpole: 425-339-3454; firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @dcatchpole.
- 'Nova' episode examines causes of Oso mudslide 11/18/14
- Mudslide panel to update Legislature on findings 11/17/14
- Logging rules timely and just 11/16/14
- Rebuilt Highway 530 faces major test as weather changes 11/12/14
- State forest board revises slope logging guidelines 11/12/14
- Darrington business group getting new name, new focus 11/3/14
- Mudslide lawsuit blames governments, timber company 10/27/14
- Lions proved big-hearted after mudslide 10/21/14
- Land-use planners ready to apply lessons from mudslide 10/15/14
- Darrington IGA, owners recognized for mudslide relief work 10/10/14
- Mudslide-displaced families to receive financial assistance 10/9/14
- Study of logging risk in slide areas sought 10/7/14
- Months after mudslide, Red Cross is still pitching in 10/6/14
- County set to close clearinghouse for items found after mudslide 10/2/14
- 43 trees mark lives lost along Highway 530 in Oso 9/28/14
- Oso shows its heart during ceremony honoring slide victims 9/22/14
- Oso survivor rebuilding his life six months after disaster hit 9/21/14
- Highway 530 will be back up to speed Monday, if not sooner 9/19/14
- 43 trees to honor those killed in Oso mudslide 9/17/14
- $75K grant will help rebuild trail wiped out by Oso slide 9/16/14
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Boeing’s KC-46 program has little room for more delays, says Air Force general Nov. 19
- Boeing 787 takes off to test new eco tech Nov. 17
- 2 Boeing contract workers injured, taken to hospitals Nov. 14
- Boeing and Airbus plan to spend more on Chinese suppliers Nov. 11
- Boeing CEO says new airplane will replace 737 by 2030 Nov. 5
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.