Machinists, Boeing chip in for Oso slide
The crew that operates the overhead crane at the airplane maker’s Paine Field plant raised about $4,000 for general relief efforts.
One of the facility’s flightline crews raised more than $6,000 to help the family of a 5-month-old Duke Suddarth, who, along with his mother, was badly injured in the slide. Suddarth’s grandfather is a Machinist who works at Boeing, according to Wilson Ferguson, a local union official.
The March 22 slide has killed at least 36 people, with eight names still on the missing list.
The the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) District Lodge 751, which represents about 32,000 Machinists at Boeing, contributed $10,000 to various relief efforts for the slide.
The Boeing Co. contributed $75,000 and up to $25,000 in employee matching contributions to help people affected by the slide.
Dan Catchpole: 425-339-3454; email@example.com; Twitter: @dcatchpole.
- Medal of Valor could go to cities affected by mudslide 1/31/15
- Team effort will send mom whose son died in mudslide to Super Bowl 1/29/15
- Lawsuit claims Oso mudslide was ‘man-made’ 1/28/15
- Reverend's Oso song came straight from the heart 1/24/15
- Apply the lessons learned from Oso slide 1/21/15
- Lawmakers push for wider scope in disaster mobilization 1/20/15
- Near-record rainfall gave Oso mudslide its destructive force, USGS finds 1/13/15
- Red Cross distributes more than 1,000 free smoke alarms 12/31/14
- $5.25M targeted for children’s recreation in Stilly Valley 12/26/14
- Whitehorse Trail rebuild project delayed 12/25/14
- Millions spent after Oso mudslide, but generosity can't be measured 12/21/14
- Report points to critical fixes 12/18/14
- Mudslide report offers ideas to be ready for next disaster 12/15/14
- Study of timber harvest near Oso mudslide inconclusive 12/9/14
- State budget should include funding for Stilly Valley Youth Project 12/5/14
- County expects costly legal battles over Oso mudslide 12/4/14
- Panel investigating Oso lessons needs more time 12/3/14
- Panel to hold last meeting on safety recommendations after Oso mudslide 12/1/14
- Better response to disasters needed, panel on Oso told 11/21/14
- 'Nova' episode examines causes of Oso mudslide 11/18/14
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.