With new FEMA money, county can buy all Oso mudslide tracts November 19, 2015
Timber company loses bid to avoid Oso mudslide litigation November 2, 2015
Interior secretary at Oso: Funding needed for scientific research October 16, 2015
The crew that operates the overhead crane at the airplane maker’s Paine Field plant raised about $4,000 for general relief efforts.
One of the facility’s flightline crews raised more than $6,000 to help the family of a 5-month-old Duke Suddarth, who, along with his mother, was badly injured in the slide. Suddarth’s grandfather is a Machinist who works at Boeing, according to Wilson Ferguson, a local union official.
The March 22 slide has killed at least 36 people, with eight names still on the missing list.
The the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) District Lodge 751, which represents about 32,000 Machinists at Boeing, contributed $10,000 to various relief efforts for the slide.
The Boeing Co. contributed $75,000 and up to $25,000 in employee matching contributions to help people affected by the slide.
Dan Catchpole: 425-339-3454; email@example.com; Twitter: @dcatchpole.
- With new FEMA money, county can buy all Oso mudslide tracts 11/19/15
- Timber company loses bid to avoid Oso mudslide litigation 11/2/15
- Interior secretary at Oso: Funding needed for scientific research 10/16/15
- Timber company says it bears no responsibility in Oso mudslide 10/2/15
- Judge limits extent of claims in Oso mudslide litigation 8/26/15
- Victims of Oso mudslide still await buyouts, 16 months later 8/3/15
- Oso survivors pay forward support they once received 7/13/15
- Couple shared tragedy, loss of Oso, but found love 7/5/15
- Oso mudslide trial pushed to June 2016 7/2/15
- Study: Real cause of Oso mudslide still unknown 6/27/15
- $6.6 million from feds to buy properties destroyed by Oso slide 6/24/15
- Guide cancels controversial raft tour because of lower water levels 6/22/15
- Landslides take a toll on state’s economy 6/21/15
- In Darrington, a slide reunion means laughter, tears 6/20/15
- County Council likely to extend the slide-zone building moratorium 6/18/15
- Oso mudslide volunteers and responders rekindle friendships at reunion 6/17/15
- Retired first responders will speak with those affected by Oso 6/10/15
- Families of Oso slide victims plan to sue slide tour company 6/9/15
- Is county responsible for Oso? Judge begins sorting through claims 6/4/15
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Boeing forecasts fast growth in Latin America Nov. 16
- Embraer names Lynnwood’s Nova-Tech Engineering as its top supplier in 2015 Nov. 12
- How much is an airplane sale actually worth? Oct. 29
- Boeing and Lockheed might contest Pentagon’s bomber decision Oct. 27
- Boeing KC-46 tanker (finally) gets a foreign order Oct. 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.