Machinists, Boeing chip in for Oso slide
The crew that operates the overhead crane at the airplane makerís Paine Field plant raised about $4,000 for general relief efforts.
One of the facilityís flightline crews raised more than $6,000 to help the family of a 5-month-old Duke Suddarth, who, along with his mother, was badly injured in the slide. Suddarthís grandfather is a Machinist who works at Boeing, according to Wilson Ferguson, a local union official.
The March 22 slide has killed at least 36 people, with eight names still on the missing list.
The the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) District Lodge 751, which represents about 32,000 Machinists at Boeing, contributed $10,000 to various relief efforts for the slide.
The Boeing Co. contributed $75,000 and up to $25,000 in employee matching contributions to help people affected by the slide.
Dan Catchpole: 425-339-3454; email@example.com; Twitter: @dcatchpole.
- Nothing could keep Riley Brunner, then 16, from his dadís side 3/16/15
- As the Oso mudslideís one-year mark approaches, emotions run high 3/16/15
- Was Oso mudslide nature's mystery or man's mistake? 3/15/15
- After a year in the mudslide zone, Elaine Young finds peace in acts of kindness 3/15/15
- During Oso mudslide chaos and despair, Travis Hots was a trusted voice 3/15/15
- Wildfire resources may cover mudslides and other disasters 3/15/15
- Oso mudslide survivor Amanda Skorjanc pushes through the pain 3/13/15
- Rafting company holds off on trips past Oso mudslide 3/13/15
- $7 million spent in Oso relief; some critical of process 3/11/15
- Permanent cables link Arlington, Darrington once again 3/10/15
- Early post-mudslide video shows a wet, sloughing scarp 3/8/15
- Scientists have much more digging to do at Oso mudslide 3/8/15
- Progress being made on mudslide commission's key recommendations 3/6/15
- Oso, surrounding communities to receive state Medal of Valor 3/2/15
- Progress that honors victims 3/1/15
- Landslide Forum aims to bridge knowledge gap 2/28/15
- Senate passes bill for expanded mapping of hazardous areas 2/27/15
- Bicycle ride alters course to raise funds for slide victims 2/25/15
- Mudslide communities to be awarded state Medal of Valor 2/19/15
- Deadline extended for people to donate to mudslide relief effort 2/17/15
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.