The crew that operates the overhead crane at the airplane maker’s Paine Field plant raised about $4,000 for general relief efforts.
One of the facility’s flightline crews raised more than $6,000 to help the family of a 5-month-old Duke Suddarth, who, along with his mother, was badly injured in the slide. Suddarth’s grandfather is a Machinist who works at Boeing, according to Wilson Ferguson, a local union official.
The March 22 slide has killed at least 36 people, with eight names still on the missing list.
The the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) District Lodge 751, which represents about 32,000 Machinists at Boeing, contributed $10,000 to various relief efforts for the slide.
The Boeing Co. contributed $75,000 and up to $25,000 in employee matching contributions to help people affected by the slide.
Dan Catchpole: 425-339-3454; firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @dcatchpole.
- Oso survivors pay forward support they once received 7/13/15
- Couple shared tragedy, loss of Oso, but found love 7/5/15
- Oso mudslide trial pushed to June 2016 7/2/15
- Study: Real cause of Oso mudslide still unknown 6/27/15
- $6.6 million from feds to buy properties destroyed by Oso slide 6/24/15
- Guide cancels controversial raft tour because of lower water levels 6/22/15
- Landslides take a toll on state’s economy 6/21/15
- In Darrington, a slide reunion means laughter, tears 6/20/15
- County Council likely to extend the slide-zone building moratorium 6/18/15
- Oso mudslide volunteers and responders rekindle friendships at reunion 6/17/15
- Retired first responders will speak with those affected by Oso 6/10/15
- Families of Oso slide victims plan to sue slide tour company 6/9/15
- Is county responsible for Oso? Judge begins sorting through claims 6/4/15
- Oso General Store in danger of closing 5/20/15
- Exhibit shows vivid images of Oso before and after slide 5/13/15
- Delayed disaster response in Oso prompts new law 5/8/15
- Darrington mayor receives national award for leadership 4/30/15
- New technology can help reduce risks from landslides 4/26/15
- Anonymous gift pays off Oso mudslide survivor's mortgage 4/22/15
- Governor signs law for geologic hazards mapping 4/17/15
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Last Mitsubishi MRJ test plane enters final assembly July 27
- Boeing considers cutting titanium to drop 787 cost July 24
- As Boeing’s 787 gets more reliable, suppliers see drop in spare-part sales July 24
- Boeing adds Japanese suppliers to 777X work July 24
- FedEx places the biggest-ever order for 767 freighters July 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.