Stop first at the Roozen family’s Washington Bulb Co./Roozengarde at 15867 Beaver Marsh Road or the DeGoede family’s Skagit Valley Bulb Farm/Tulip Town at 15002 Bradshaw Road.
Admission is $5 for adults but free for children at both places. There you can order bulbs, buy a bouquet, pick up a free field tour map and check out the display gardens.
After you photograph the nearby fields of tulips, visit some of the surrounding cities for festival exhibits:
- Anacortes Quilt Walk, old downtown Anacortes.
- Anacortes Arts Festival, 611 R Ave., Anacortes.
- Art in a Pickle Barn, Azusa Farm, 14904 Highway 20, west of Mount Vernon.
- The Art Bash show, Farmhouse restaurant, 13724 La Conner-Whitney Road.
- Art in the Schoolhouse, Christianson’s Nursery, 15806 Best Road, west of Mount Vernon.
- The Art Walk along Fairhaven Avenue, downtown Burlington.
- La Conner Quilt and Textile Museum, 703 S. Second St., La Conner.
- Museum of Northwest Art, 121 S. First St., La Conner.
- Skagit County Historical Museum, 501 S. Fourth St., La Conner.
More Entertainment Headlines
Weekend best bets: Air shows, zombies, art and more And the Emmy winners are ... TV critics offer predictions Into thin air ‘Everest’ is a stunning — and heartbreaking — true story Naan other: Curries gets Indian food just right Marley brothers will be jammin’ at Marymoor Park Area square dance clubs busy recruiting new members Everything Django on Whidbey at DjangoFest starting Wednesday Where to find live tunes around town this weekend
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.