Machinists chip in for gas cards
The slide shut down Highway 530 between Oso and Darrington. There is no timetable for re-opening the road to through traffic. A temporary road has been opened to support recovery efforts and emergency services.
With Highway 530 shut down, residents west of the slide have to take a long detour to the north. The extra mileage is pinching people’s pocketbooks, so the gas cards are a very practical donation.
Dan Catchpole: 425-339-3454; email@example.com; Twitter: @dcatchpole.
- Whitehorse Trail rebuild project delayed 12/25/14
- Millions spent after Oso mudslide, but generosity can't be measured 12/21/14
- Report points to critical fixes 12/18/14
- Mudslide report offers ideas to be ready for next disaster 12/15/14
- Study of timber harvest near Oso mudslide inconclusive 12/9/14
- State budget should include funding for Stilly Valley Youth Project 12/5/14
- County expects costly legal battles over Oso mudslide 12/4/14
- Panel investigating Oso lessons needs more time 12/3/14
- Panel to hold last meeting on safety recommendations after Oso mudslide 12/1/14
- Better response to disasters needed, panel on Oso told 11/21/14
- 'Nova' episode examines causes of Oso mudslide 11/18/14
- Mudslide panel to update Legislature on findings 11/17/14
- Logging rules timely and just 11/16/14
- Rebuilt Highway 530 faces major test as weather changes 11/12/14
- State forest board revises slope logging guidelines 11/12/14
- Darrington business group getting new name, new focus 11/3/14
- Mudslide lawsuit blames governments, timber company 10/27/14
- Lions proved big-hearted after mudslide 10/21/14
- Land-use planners ready to apply lessons from mudslide 10/15/14
- Darrington IGA, owners recognized for mudslide relief work 10/10/14
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.