Machinists chip in for gas cards
The slide shut down Highway 530 between Oso and Darrington. There is no timetable for re-opening the road to through traffic. A temporary road has been opened to support recovery efforts and emergency services.
With Highway 530 shut down, residents west of the slide have to take a long detour to the north. The extra mileage is pinching people’s pocketbooks, so the gas cards are a very practical donation.
Dan Catchpole: 425-339-3454; firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @dcatchpole.
- Darrington mayor receives national award for leadership 4/30/15
- New technology can help reduce risks from landslides 4/26/15
- Anonymous gift pays off Oso mudslide survivor's mortgage 4/22/15
- Governor signs law for geologic hazards mapping 4/17/15
- County public works and WSDOT win award for post-mudslide road rebuild 4/13/15
- Landslide-mapping bill approved and sent to governor 4/8/15
- Mortgages still on the books for homes wiped out by Oso disaster 4/3/15
- WSU students travel to help Stilly Valley communities 4/2/15
- To be human and journalist 3/29/15
- Disaster response bill likely to pass 3/24/15
- Messages of love lift up from Oso 3/23/15
- ‘Oso strong’ spirit a great example for all 3/22/15
- United Way, Red Cross continue work to aid recovery 3/22/15
- These towns still stand 3/22/15
- 'All I can say is thank you;' Oso survivors meet their rescuers 3/22/15
- Slide survivor Tim Ward reflects on a year accomplished 3/22/15
- Public safety officials learned lessons from Oso catastrophe 3/22/15
- Darrington honors longtime librarian taken by the Oso mudslide 3/22/15
- Bells toll for 43 victims at solemn Oso mudslide remembrance 3/22/15
- Raising of flag marks moment of grace in Oso 3/22/15
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- FAA says software problem with Boeing 787s could be catastrophic May 1
- Two day aerospace and defense conference in May at JBLM April 30
- Boeing wants $6 million for moving jobs to Oklahoma City April 28
- Smashed bugs are a drag on jets' fuel efficiency April 27
- Boeing to lay off 153 workers in Puget Sound region April 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.