Nyquist orginally visited Regis and the school’s women’s lacrosse coach Sarah Kellner in January as a lacrosse recruit. But while there, she talked with the Rangers cross country coach, John Esquibel, about running as well. Both coaches agreed that Nyquist should go out for both sports.
“It’ll be a lot of work especially in being in the nursing program,” Nyquist said. “If I’m busy I do better.”
Nyquist, who plays as a midfielder and defender, said it’ll be an honor playing for Kellner, a former All-American at Cornell.
Nyquist was named 2013 All-State and 2014 Preseason All-State in lacrosse and was All-Wesco in cross country.
But after all of the work on the field and on the course, it’s the close-knit community that Nyquist discovered at Regis that makes her feel right at home.
“I feel like the school is very close and all about building your character and helping with all of the college experiences whether its academics, athletics or otherwise,” Nyquist said.
“I hope to have the same experience at Regis as I’ve had at Snohomish.”
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.