How to make hot wax rocks
Heat rocks in the oven at 325 degrees for 15 minutes (smooth rocks work best). The rocks will be hot to the touch, but not dangerously so. Use hot pads just in case, to protect your kitchen table.
Then color with old crayons. The wax will melt on contact, producing a beautiful paint-like effect.
Both my preschooler and third grader had a lot of fun with this activity. My daughter thinks we are going to trick the Easter Bunny!
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Putting the inmates ... er, kids to work Jan. 25
- Trying to survive the family festival of winter sickness Jan. 18
- Treasurer’s job is so much harder than just counting pennies Jan. 11
- Becoming a published author takes perseverance Jan. 4
- Suffering from EADD — Exercise Attention Deficit Disorder Dec. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.