How to make hot wax rocks
Heat rocks in the oven at 325 degrees for 15 minutes (smooth rocks work best). The rocks will be hot to the touch, but not dangerously so. Use hot pads just in case, to protect your kitchen table.
Then color with old crayons. The wax will melt on contact, producing a beautiful paint-like effect.
Both my preschooler and third grader had a lot of fun with this activity. My daughter thinks we are going to trick the Easter Bunny!
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Redrawing Western Washington's map to fit in "Game of Thrones" April 12
- Expect respect, but be realistic about kids' ability to sit still April 5
- Buckle up! When your kid’s safety breaks the bank March 29
- Letting down my guard and learning to understand Clash of Clans March 22
- Supermarket clerks create a welcoming community March 15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.