How to make hot wax rocks
Heat rocks in the oven at 325 degrees for 15 minutes (smooth rocks work best). The rocks will be hot to the touch, but not dangerously so. Use hot pads just in case, to protect your kitchen table.
Then color with old crayons. The wax will melt on contact, producing a beautiful paint-like effect.
Both my preschooler and third grader had a lot of fun with this activity. My daughter thinks we are going to trick the Easter Bunny!
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Motherhood is a constant test; here's how to keep score May 10
- Foster mom gives pups a new leash on life May 3
- When Mom and Dad need a get-away from family vacation April 26
- For parents, ‘the good teacher’ will make all the difference April 19
- Redrawing Western Washington's map to fit in "Game of Thrones" April 12
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.