Sidney Rice signing now official
Details of Rice's contract, reportedly a one-year deal, have not yet emerged, but the veteran minimum for a player with Rice's level of experience is $855,000, and it is believed the Seahawks paid more than that with other teams interested.
Rice, 27, originally joined the Seahawks in 2011 after signing a five-year, $41 million deal, but missed 15 regulars season games in three season, as well as last season's Super Bowl run, because of injuries. He was released earlier this offseason in a move that saved the Seahawks $7.3 million in salary cap space.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson named NFC offensive player of the week Dec. 24
- Five Seahawks named to Pro Bowl roster Dec. 23
- Notes from Pete Carroll's Tuesday press conference Dec. 23
- Punters do teleconferences too: a chat with Bothell HS grad Johnny Hekker Dec. 23
- Seahawks playoff scenarios with one game remaining Dec. 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.