Sidney Rice signing now official
Details of Rice's contract, reportedly a one-year deal, have not yet emerged, but the veteran minimum for a player with Rice's level of experience is $855,000, and it is believed the Seahawks paid more than that with other teams interested.
Rice, 27, originally joined the Seahawks in 2011 after signing a five-year, $41 million deal, but missed 15 regulars season games in three season, as well as last season's Super Bowl run, because of injuries. He was released earlier this offseason in a move that saved the Seahawks $7.3 million in salary cap space.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Sounders return home to prepare for a season opener that may not happen March 3
- Warren Moon calls Super Bowl/Marshawn Lynch conspiracy theory “preposterous” March 2
- Seahawks sign LB Mister Alexander March 2
- Marshawn Lynch on Turkish TV: “I was expecting the ball” at the end of the Super Bowl March 1
- Marshawn Lynch’s agent denies report of new deal with Seahawks Feb. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.