Mudslide death toll rises by 2 to 41
The Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office counted two more victims Monday but said they have not yet been officially identified.
Four names remain on the list of people missing from the March 22 landslide that tore through about three-dozen homes.
The search for bodies continues with President Barack Obama scheduled to visit the site Tuesday and meet with victim families and first responders. Obama is making the brief stop in Washington as he heads to Asia for an eight-day trip to Japan, South Korea, Malaysia and the Philippines.
- Oso, surrounding communities to receive state Medal of Valor 3/2/15
- Progress that honors victims 3/1/15
- Landslide Forum aims to bridge knowledge gap 2/28/15
- Senate passes bill for expanded mapping of hazardous areas 2/27/15
- Bicycle ride alters course to raise funds for slide victims 2/25/15
- Mudslide communities to be awarded state Medal of Valor 2/19/15
- Deadline extended for people to donate to mudslide relief effort 2/17/15
- Project Linus volunteers create blankets for children in crisis 2/13/15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.