Syracuse Fire Department investigator Joe Galloway tells The Post-Standard (http://bit.ly/QuQKDE ) the exact cause of last month’s fire at St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center has not yet been determined. But he says the patient had a battery-powered e-cigarette, which uses a heating element to vaporize nicotine.
Hospital officials have not identified the patient. They say she suffered first- and second-degree burns across her face, but is home and doing well.
Since the fire, St. Joseph’s officials have reminded patients they aren’t allowed to use e-cigarettes. The hospital also prohibits tobacco use on its campus.
More Nation & World Headlines
NSA’s mass collection of phone metadata to end Suspect named in Planned Parenthood shootings that kill 3 GOP contenders talk about drug abuse; racial, partisan rifts persist Climate change triggers new fears of diseases Black hole swallows star — and burps Former luncheonette owner chooses to die in her restaurant White House Christmas tree arrives from Pennsylvania 3 killed, 9 wounded in attack at Planned Parenthood
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.