Syracuse Fire Department investigator Joe Galloway tells The Post-Standard (http://bit.ly/QuQKDE ) the exact cause of last month’s fire at St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center has not yet been determined. But he says the patient had a battery-powered e-cigarette, which uses a heating element to vaporize nicotine.
Hospital officials have not identified the patient. They say she suffered first- and second-degree burns across her face, but is home and doing well.
Since the fire, St. Joseph’s officials have reminded patients they aren’t allowed to use e-cigarettes. The hospital also prohibits tobacco use on its campus.
More Nation & World Headlines
Zimbabwe will seek lion-killing dentist’s extradition 9:20 a.m. Al-Qaida captures leader of U.S.-backed Syrian rebels California cuts water use by 27 percent George McGovern revealed he had a secret child Pentagon OKs guns to protect stateside troops Man describes finding 777 part on Reunion Island Blue moon? Celestial event comes with a catch U.S. looking for lion-killing Minnesota dentist
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.