McCloughan, was hired by Seattle as Senior Personnel Executive in 2010 after spending the previous five seasons in San Francisco, the last two as general manager before stepping down for what 49ers owner Jed York described at the time as a personal matter. McCloughan also worked in Seattle from 2000-2004 as the director of college scouting, helping draft many of the players who would lead the Seahawks to Super Bowl XL.
While not in the public eye like top decision makers Pete Carroll and John Schneider, McCloughan is a very well-respected personnel evaluator whom Schneider frequently credited with helping build Seattle’s championship roster.
According to CBS Sports’ Jason LaCanfora, McCloughan plans to organize an independent scouting service allowing him to work at home while attending to his family matter.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- It's official, Fred Jackson is a Seahawk Sep. 7
- Former UW receivers Smith, Williams signed to Seahawks practice squad Sep. 6
- Seahawks trade RB Michael to Cowboys for draft pick Sep. 6
- Seahawks cut Blackmon, put Turbin on IR, acquire S McCray Sep. 5
- Reports: Seahawks reach deal with RB Fred Jackson (update with Turbin waived) Sep. 4
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.