Gov. Jay Inslee on Wednesday appointed Haugen and Lisa Wellman to the 13-member Public Works Board. Members serve four-year terms and receive no compensation but can be reimbursed for travel expenses.
The board provides low-interest loans to cities, counties, tribes and special districts for construction of sewer and water systems and other public infrastructure.
Haugen, a Democrat, spent 30 years in the Legislature and served in both the House and Senate. Sen. Barbara Bailey, R-Oak Harbor, unseated Haugen in the 2012 election.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Syrian refugees welcome in Washington, Inslee says Nov. 16
- Rep. Larsen seeks input on Trans-Pacific Partnership trade pact Nov. 12
- Unions blast Boeing for paring jobs since 2013 tax break extension Nov. 9
- Larsen will help negotiate federal highway bill Nov. 6
- ‘Absolutely elated’ Eyman celebrates initiative’s success Nov. 5
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.