Gov. Jay Inslee on Wednesday appointed Haugen and Lisa Wellman to the 13-member Public Works Board. Members serve four-year terms and receive no compensation but can be reimbursed for travel expenses.
The board provides low-interest loans to cities, counties, tribes and special districts for construction of sewer and water systems and other public infrastructure.
Haugen, a Democrat, spent 30 years in the Legislature and served in both the House and Senate. Sen. Barbara Bailey, R-Oak Harbor, unseated Haugen in the 2012 election.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- After ruling, future is murky for state’s charter schools Sep. 10
- Vance, former GOP party leader, opens campaign against Murray Sep. 8
- High court bombshell: State's charter school law is unconstitutional Sep. 4
- Supreme Court won't stop vote on latest Eyman measure Sep. 4
- Inslee for president? Can’t hurt to try, says consultant Sep. 3
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.