Gov. Jay Inslee on Wednesday appointed Haugen and Lisa Wellman to the 13-member Public Works Board. Members serve four-year terms and receive no compensation but can be reimbursed for travel expenses.
The board provides low-interest loans to cities, counties, tribes and special districts for construction of sewer and water systems and other public infrastructure.
Haugen, a Democrat, spent 30 years in the Legislature and served in both the House and Senate. Sen. Barbara Bailey, R-Oak Harbor, unseated Haugen in the 2012 election.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Inslee offers 'guidance' on carbon emissions cap, desires adoption in a year Aug. 14
- There’s no ignoring the chatter around county executive race Aug. 13
- Democrats block attempt to hold earlier presidential primary Aug. 11
- State will conduct meaningless vote on gas tax hike July 23
- PDC won't act on GOP complaint against Inslee campaign July 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.