Haugen named to Public Works Board
Gov. Jay Inslee on Wednesday appointed Haugen and Lisa Wellman to the 13-member Public Works Board. Members serve four-year terms and receive no compensation but can be reimbursed for travel expenses.
The board provides low-interest loans to cities, counties, tribes and special districts for construction of sewer and water systems and other public infrastructure.
Haugen, a Democrat, spent 30 years in the Legislature and served in both the House and Senate. Sen. Barbara Bailey, R-Oak Harbor, unseated Haugen in the 2012 election.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Everett lawmaker presses bill to link aerospace tax breaks with jobs Feb. 16
- AG rejects Seattle man's request for 600 million emails Feb. 13
- AG response due on massive public records request Feb. 12
- Senate GOP gearing up for release of transportation package Feb. 11
- House bill targets unsafe storage of firearms Jan. 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.