Rep. Larsen changes time of Edmonds visit
Larsen’s meeting with members of ServiceNation is now scheduled for 10-11 a.m. at Catholic Community Services, 1918 Everett Ave., Everett, instead of the mid-afternoon time at the Edmonds Community College Library that was announced earlier. He has said that he plans to discuss service-learning opportunities and the contributions programs like AmeriCorps make to both participants and communities as part of a roundtable discussion with ServiceNation members.
Staying unchanged on Larsen’s schedule is a 4 to 5 p.m. tour of the Edmonds Community College Veterans’ Service Center to learn more about the center’s offerings and to hear from student veterans. The Veteran’s Service Center is in Lynnwood Hall, Room 215. The College is at 20000 68th Ave. W., Lynnwood.
Larsen represents Washington’s 2nd Congressional District, including Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Brier, unincorporated areas north of Lynnwood, coastal areas of Snohomish, Skagit and Whatcom counties from Mukilteo to Bellingham, and all of Island and San Juan counties.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Lynnwood transportation board reviews options but reaches no consensus Jan. 27
- Sen. Chase wants state protection of insurance shareholders Jan. 26
- State Rep. Stanford heads Legislative Accountability Committee Jan. 22
- Meadowdale student finishes week as page in State Senate Jan. 21
- Rep. Peterson asks legislators to honor MLK by helping schools Jan. 20
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.