Edmonds School Board considering six applicants
The four remaining board members discussed the applicants in an executive session that followed a Tuesday, April 22, budget work session.
The board plans to interview applicants at a Monday, April 28 board meeting. A school district spokeswoman said Monday that she didn't know when the board would vote on filling the position.
The four current board members have until June 9 to fill the position. If the board doesn't reach a decision, the five-member Snohomish County Council would have until Sept. 7 to make the appointment. After that, the appointment power would go to the governor.
The new board member must live in director district 4, which includes Lynnwood west of Interstate 5.
The appointment would last through the November 2015 election when voters from throughout the School District would choose someone to fill the last two years of the term that Phillips won in 2013. Also on the 2015 ballot will be full four-year terms for the positions held by the three members elected in 2011.
The Edmonds School District includes Brier, Edmonds, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Woodway and unincorporated areas of south Snohomish County.
Phillips joined the board by appointment in late 2007, won a full four-year term in 2009 and was re-elected in 2013.
The board last week chose Diana White to replace Phillips as board president and Gary Noble to replace White as vice president.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Legislators from 21st District hold telephone town hall Wednesday March 11
- 32nd District Dems to discuss endorsements, presidential nomination Wednesday March 11
- Voting-rights bill passes House; Liias tries to get it to Senate March 9
- Edmonds Council picks planning board member to fill council vacancy March 5
- Stanford says his bill would make college affordable for service members March 4
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.