The festival, co-sponsored by Edmonds Community College, is a free, family event where participants can learn how to grow, purchase and prepare wholesome, local food from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., May 18, at the convention center, 3711 196th St. SW, Lynnwood.
Volunteers are needed for the set-up team, tear-down team and to help with activities during the festival. Examples include vendor assistance, signage, hospitality, greeters, counters, information table and clean up. Volunteers must be 18 years or older. Younger volunteers are welcome if accompanied by a parent.
Most shifts are four hours. To volunteer, or for more information, email festival coordinator Chris Hudyma at email@example.com.
“This event brings our community together so people can experience delicious, local, wholesome food,” said Hudyma. “Farmers, food advocates, students, health professionals, community members, and business owners will offer activities to inspire us to enjoy real food.”
Among events planned for the festival:
- Growing demonstration by Farmer Frog and EdCC’s Sustainable Agriculture Education program;
- Presentation and question-and-answer session by Ciscoe Morris and Cynthia Lair;
- Cooking demonstrations for adults;
- Numerous local food vendors providing samples, demonstrations, displays, and/or resources;
- Hands-on kids’ food and and kitchen skills station;
- Children’s reading tent and book giveaway; and
- Presentations on topics ranging from “How to Cook Healthy on a Budget” to “Dealing With Food Allergies.”
More Life Headlines
A tale of three apologies Living with Children: 6 steps to get a child to do what he is told Today in history Need a ride? Use your phone to summon Uber, the app-driven car service How to get your dog ready for hiking and what to put in your pack The secret sauce of long-lived marriages Facebook doesn’t need a ‘dislike’ button — here’s why Tech workers are turning to the Japanese practice of ‘forest bathing’ to unplug
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.