If you haven't yet, it's time to dust off the bike.
Here are some ideas to get you started.
Make it a challenge: You can sign up as an individual or a team for a commute challenge.
Put May 16 on your calendar: That's Bike to Work Day. On that day, there will be commute stations around the county. Locations:
- Edmonds Ferry Dock
- Everett Station
- Everett Boeing
- Lynnwood Transit Center
- South Everett
- University of Washington-Bothell
BIKES Club of Snohomish County: Join other local riders for rides in Snohomish County and around the state. Website.
Cascade Bicycle Club: A non-profit based in Seattle that serves the Puget Sound area. They offer rides, classes and more. Website.
Commuting tips: Check out this PDF for tips to get you and your bike to work safely and happily (a bike can be happy, right?)
Most recent Explore NW posts
- 9 days of wilderness and backpacking on the PCT Sep. 27
- Trip on the PCT is life changing for creator of popular podcast Sep. 27
- Youth volunteers spend two weeks working on PCT Sep. 27
- State parks, national parks, forest service sites will be free on Saturday Sep. 23
- Dance, dine and help underserved kids get outside Sep. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.