If you haven't yet, it's time to dust off the bike.
Here are some ideas to get you started.
Make it a challenge: You can sign up as an individual or a team for a commute challenge.
Put May 16 on your calendar: That's Bike to Work Day. On that day, there will be commute stations around the county. Locations:
- Edmonds Ferry Dock
- Everett Station
- Everett Boeing
- Lynnwood Transit Center
- South Everett
- University of Washington-Bothell
BIKES Club of Snohomish County: Join other local riders for rides in Snohomish County and around the state. Website.
Cascade Bicycle Club: A non-profit based in Seattle that serves the Puget Sound area. They offer rides, classes and more. Website.
Commuting tips: Check out this PDF for tips to get you and your bike to work safely and happily (a bike can be happy, right?)
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Edmonds endurance hiker went off trail to train for record-setting hike Nov. 25
- Stevens Pass purchases snow maker for base area Nov. 24
- Tips to stay safe while playing outside in winter Nov. 20
- Storm damaged many national forest trails and roads Nov. 20
- Mount Baker Ski Area to open on Thursday Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.