The way Reading Eggs works is there are 12 maps with 10 lessons each. Every lesson has 11 activities. My daughter took the placement test and began on map 3. At the end of map 3 she passed a simple quiz to move on to map 4.
Here’s why the former Kindergarten teacher in me loves Reading Eggs:
- It’s systematic and sequential
- It’s balanced (phonics and sight words)
- It’s diagnostic (built-in assessments keep kids on track)
- It’s FUN!
My daughter has been playing Reading Eggs for three weeks now and I’m already seeing a big difference. Level 3 Bob Books are a lot easier for her now, and she has more confidence when sounding out words.
For more information about Reading Eggs, check out the detailed review on Sceleratus Classical Academy.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- The Good Shoe-maritan: Teen was the hero while others sat by July 19
- When restrooms — and even life — don’t make sense July 12
- Emptying the kitchen — and our stomachs July 5
- Using a little magic to put my house in order June 28
- We've learned a lot from our TV dads over the years — which one best describes you? June 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.