Crack open Reading Eggs for extra learning
The way Reading Eggs works is there are 12 maps with 10 lessons each. Every lesson has 11 activities. My daughter took the placement test and began on map 3. At the end of map 3 she passed a simple quiz to move on to map 4.
Here’s why the former Kindergarten teacher in me loves Reading Eggs:
- It’s systematic and sequential
- It’s balanced (phonics and sight words)
- It’s diagnostic (built-in assessments keep kids on track)
- It’s FUN!
My daughter has been playing Reading Eggs for three weeks now and I’m already seeing a big difference. Level 3 Bob Books are a lot easier for her now, and she has more confidence when sounding out words.
For more information about Reading Eggs, check out the detailed review on Sceleratus Classical Academy.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- When Mom and Dad need a get-away from family vacation April 26
- For parents, ‘the good teacher’ will make all the difference April 19
- Redrawing Western Washington's map to fit in "Game of Thrones" April 12
- Expect respect, but be realistic about kids' ability to sit still April 5
- Buckle up! When your kid’s safety breaks the bank March 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.