Crack open Reading Eggs for extra learning
The way Reading Eggs works is there are 12 maps with 10 lessons each. Every lesson has 11 activities. My daughter took the placement test and began on map 3. At the end of map 3 she passed a simple quiz to move on to map 4.
Here’s why the former Kindergarten teacher in me loves Reading Eggs:
- It’s systematic and sequential
- It’s balanced (phonics and sight words)
- It’s diagnostic (built-in assessments keep kids on track)
- It’s FUN!
My daughter has been playing Reading Eggs for three weeks now and I’m already seeing a big difference. Level 3 Bob Books are a lot easier for her now, and she has more confidence when sounding out words.
For more information about Reading Eggs, check out the detailed review on Sceleratus Classical Academy.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Trying to survive the family festival of winter sickness Jan. 18
- Treasurer’s job is so much harder than just counting pennies Jan. 11
- Becoming a published author takes perseverance Jan. 4
- Suffering from EADD — Exercise Attention Deficit Disorder Dec. 28
- Discovering the magic of Disney through kids’ eyes Dec. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.