The Silvertips took over running Everett Youth Hockey this season with the idea of building the program into something bigger. Wylie and Studioso are the first fruits of those labors.
This is also the first time more than one Snohomish County product has ever been selected in the bantam draft, as Wylie lives in Lake Stevens and Studioso hails from Mukilteo. Single local products were selected in three of the previous four drafts.
--- UPDATE, 2:10 p.m.
Wylie and Studioso aren't the only locals to be picked in the bantam draft. Snohomish goaltender Dominick Vlaha, who plays for the San Jose Jr. Sharks, was picked in the eighth round by Tri-City. Monroe forward Luke Ormsby, who plays for the Los Angeles Jr. Kings, was picked in the ninth round by Seattle.
That makes four locals picked in the bantam draft this year. That's one more than were picked total in all previous bantam drafts. No doubt it's a special year for local youth hockey.
Most recent Silvertips blog posts
- Medicine Hat legend Bob Ridley calls tonight's Tigers-Silvertips game Nov. 20
- Everett Silvertips' Remi Laurencelle played well in return to Lethbridge Nov. 19
- Everett Silvertips fall 4-3 to Lethbridge Hurricanes as three-game winning streak is snapped Nov. 18
- Everett Silvertips vs. Lethbridge Hurricanes live blog and pre-game links Nov. 18
- Everett Silvertips defeat Kootenay Ice for second straight shutout Nov. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.