Seahawks sign CB A.J. Jefferson
Jefferson, 26, signed with Arizona as an undrafted free agent out of Fresno State in 2010, then was traded to Minnesota in 2012. Jefferson was released by the Vikings in November after being arrested for domestic assault.
Prior to his release, Jefferson appeared in 10 games in 2013, playing primarily in nickel and dime packages. With Walter Thurmond leaving in free agency, the Seahawks figure to have an open competition for the nickel sport. In four seasons, Jefferson, who is listed at 6-foot-1, 190 pounds, appeared in 43 games, starting 14, and had 109 tackles, 19 passes defensed and two interceptions.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks general manager John Schneider on the team's power structure, re-signing Russell Wilson and more Jan. 27
- A whole lot of Seahawks player quotes from Super Bowl Media Day Jan. 27
- Top Seahawks quotes from Super Bowl XLIX Media Day Jan. 27
- Marshawn Lynch attends Super Bowl media day 'so I won't get fined' Jan. 27
- Tuesday Seahawks links: Kam vs. Gronk? LOB on the cover of SI and more Jan. 27
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.