Jefferson, 26, signed with Arizona as an undrafted free agent out of Fresno State in 2010, then was traded to Minnesota in 2012. Jefferson was released by the Vikings in November after being arrested for domestic assault.
Prior to his release, Jefferson appeared in 10 games in 2013, playing primarily in nickel and dime packages. With Walter Thurmond leaving in free agency, the Seahawks figure to have an open competition for the nickel sport. In four seasons, Jefferson, who is listed at 6-foot-1, 190 pounds, appeared in 43 games, starting 14, and had 109 tackles, 19 passes defensed and two interceptions.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson speaks about distractions Nov. 19
- Earl Thomas talks about struggles, foundation work with ADHD Nov. 19
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on the Matthews/Smith switch Nov. 18
- Seahawks injury update: LB Bruce Irvin out for Sunday Nov. 18
- Seahawks waive Super Bowl standout Chris Matthews Nov. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.