Seahawks sign CB A.J. Jefferson
Jefferson, 26, signed with Arizona as an undrafted free agent out of Fresno State in 2010, then was traded to Minnesota in 2012. Jefferson was released by the Vikings in November after being arrested for domestic assault.
Prior to his release, Jefferson appeared in 10 games in 2013, playing primarily in nickel and dime packages. With Walter Thurmond leaving in free agency, the Seahawks figure to have an open competition for the nickel sport. In four seasons, Jefferson, who is listed at 6-foot-1, 190 pounds, appeared in 43 games, starting 14, and had 109 tackles, 19 passes defensed and two interceptions.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks add three assistants to defensive coaching staff March 25
- Sounders forward Clint Dempsey out 2-3 weeks with hamstring injury March 24
- Seahawks awarded four compensatory draft picks March 23
- Seahawks GM John Schneider provides some updates at NFL Annual Meetings March 23
- Seahawks re-sign long snapper Clint Gresham March 20
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.