Seahawks sign CB A.J. Jefferson
Jefferson, 26, signed with Arizona as an undrafted free agent out of Fresno State in 2010, then was traded to Minnesota in 2012. Jefferson was released by the Vikings in November after being arrested for domestic assault.
Prior to his release, Jefferson appeared in 10 games in 2013, playing primarily in nickel and dime packages. With Walter Thurmond leaving in free agency, the Seahawks figure to have an open competition for the nickel sport. In four seasons, Jefferson, who is listed at 6-foot-1, 190 pounds, appeared in 43 games, starting 14, and had 109 tackles, 19 passes defensed and two interceptions.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks GM John Schneider addresses Byron Maxwell’s free agency and more on Sports Radio KJR Feb. 11
- Seahawks promote Rocky Seto to assistant head coach Feb. 10
- Seahawks GM John Schneider talks Marshawn Lynch's future, Russell Wilson contract Feb. 10
- Seahawks promote Kris Richard to defensive coordinator, add Lofa Tatupu to coaching staff Feb. 9
- Report: Michael Barrow to be named Seahawks' linebackers coach Feb. 9
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.