O’Brien Schofield says he has re-signed with Seahawks
Hey 12th man, I'm coming back home one more year. #blessed #backtowork #seahawks #12thManSchofield, who joined the Seahawks after being released by Arizona last summer, agreed to a two-year deal with the New York Giants early in free agency, but that deal feel through due to a failed physical. Presumably Schofield, who had agreed to a two-year, $8 million deal with the Giants, will be making the veteran minimum or something close to it.
— O'Brien Schofield (@Ob_Scho) May 2, 2014
Schofield, 27, played sparingly last season once Bruce Irvin returned from suspension, but was on the field for 29 percent of Seattle’s defensive snaps in Super Bowl XLVIII. With Chris Clemons gone having been released as a cap casualty, O’Brien could find a role in the pass-rush rotation depending on how things shake out in training camp and on who the Seahawks might add in the draft.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Kam Chancellor "remarkably looked great" in Seahawks' pre Super Bowl walk-through Jan. 31
- Pool report on the Seahawks' Friday practice, including more on Kam Chancellor injury Jan. 30
- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell weighs in on criticism from Richard Sherman and Marshawn Lynch's aversion to media Jan. 30
- Seahawks-Patriots final injury report of Super Bowl week Jan. 30
- Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick spend 30 minutes heaping praise on each other Jan. 30
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.