Hey 12th man, I'm coming back home one more year. #blessed #backtowork #seahawks #12thManSchofield, who joined the Seahawks after being released by Arizona last summer, agreed to a two-year deal with the New York Giants early in free agency, but that deal feel through due to a failed physical. Presumably Schofield, who had agreed to a two-year, $8 million deal with the Giants, will be making the veteran minimum or something close to it.
— O'Brien Schofield (@Ob_Scho) May 2, 2014
Schofield, 27, played sparingly last season once Bruce Irvin returned from suspension, but was on the field for 29 percent of Seattle’s defensive snaps in Super Bowl XLVIII. With Chris Clemons gone having been released as a cap casualty, O’Brien could find a role in the pass-rush rotation depending on how things shake out in training camp and on who the Seahawks might add in the draft.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.