Dealership offering cars, repairs to victims of Oso slide
So far the dealership has set aside three used cars for donation, both from their stock and donated from the community, said Sheila Countryman-Bean, marketing and public relations director for Dwayne Lane.
The dealership is continuing to act as an intermediary for people who want to donate a vehicle to slide victims, and is contributing labor and parts to them before passing them on.
“One of the vehicles, we did $800 worth of work on it before giving it out,” Countryman-Bean said.
In addition, the dealership has loaned a vehicle to one customer who lost everything until she could make arrangements for a replacement, and has loaned a box truck to the Red Cross to carry supplies from Arlington to Darrington and a passenger van to transport rescue workers to the slide site.
To donate a vehicle, contact Dwayne Lane service manager Rich Filori at 360-435-2125 or email@example.com. Slide victims who need a vehicle can email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Chris Winters: 425-374-4165 or email@example.com.
- Nothing could keep Riley Brunner, then 16, from his dadís side 3/16/15
- As the Oso mudslideís one-year mark approaches, emotions run high 3/16/15
- Was Oso mudslide nature's mystery or man's mistake? 3/15/15
- After a year in the mudslide zone, Elaine Young finds peace in acts of kindness 3/15/15
- During Oso mudslide chaos and despair, Travis Hots was a trusted voice 3/15/15
- Wildfire resources may cover mudslides and other disasters 3/15/15
- Oso mudslide survivor Amanda Skorjanc pushes through the pain 3/13/15
- Rafting company holds off on trips past Oso mudslide 3/13/15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.