Dealership offering cars, repairs to victims of Oso slide
So far the dealership has set aside three used cars for donation, both from their stock and donated from the community, said Sheila Countryman-Bean, marketing and public relations director for Dwayne Lane.
The dealership is continuing to act as an intermediary for people who want to donate a vehicle to slide victims, and is contributing labor and parts to them before passing them on.
“One of the vehicles, we did $800 worth of work on it before giving it out,” Countryman-Bean said.
In addition, the dealership has loaned a vehicle to one customer who lost everything until she could make arrangements for a replacement, and has loaned a box truck to the Red Cross to carry supplies from Arlington to Darrington and a passenger van to transport rescue workers to the slide site.
To donate a vehicle, contact Dwayne Lane service manager Rich Filori at 360-435-2125 or email@example.com. Slide victims who need a vehicle can email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Chris Winters: 425-374-4165 or email@example.com.
- Senate passes bill for expanded mapping of hazardous areas 2/27/15
- Bicycle ride alters course to raise funds for slide victims 2/25/15
- Mudslide communities to be awarded state Medal of Valor 2/19/15
- Deadline extended for people to donate to mudslide relief effort 2/17/15
- Project Linus volunteers create blankets for children in crisis 2/13/15
- State adopts new logging rule for landslide-prone areas 2/11/15
- Oso mudslide property temporarily goes up for sale 2/11/15
- Governor honors naval team for response to Oso mudslide 2/11/15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.