Dealership offering cars, repairs to victims of Oso slide
So far the dealership has set aside three used cars for donation, both from their stock and donated from the community, said Sheila Countryman-Bean, marketing and public relations director for Dwayne Lane.
The dealership is continuing to act as an intermediary for people who want to donate a vehicle to slide victims, and is contributing labor and parts to them before passing them on.
“One of the vehicles, we did $800 worth of work on it before giving it out,” Countryman-Bean said.
In addition, the dealership has loaned a vehicle to one customer who lost everything until she could make arrangements for a replacement, and has loaned a box truck to the Red Cross to carry supplies from Arlington to Darrington and a passenger van to transport rescue workers to the slide site.
To donate a vehicle, contact Dwayne Lane service manager Rich Filori at 360-435-2125 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Slide victims who need a vehicle can email email@example.com to make arrangements.
Chris Winters: 425-374-4165 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To be human and journalist 3/29/15
- Disaster response bill likely to pass 3/24/15
- Messages of love lift up from Oso 3/23/15
- ‘Oso strong’ spirit a great example for all 3/22/15
- United Way, Red Cross continue work to aid recovery 3/22/15
- These towns still stand 3/22/15
- 'All I can say is thank you;' Oso survivors meet their rescuers 3/22/15
- Slide survivor Tim Ward reflects on a year accomplished 3/22/15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.